From the producers of Pig Island, NYC Hot Sauce Expo and Brisket King of NYC, comes the return of Cook Out NYC™! We invite you to join us on Saturday, August 8th, for Ciderfeast: a sophisticated outdoor cider event featuring the best regional, national and European ciders from more than a dozen cider makers pouring 30+ ciders as well as perfectly paired outdoor grillables and live folk music.
- 10+ different regional cider makers pouring 30+ of their best ciders [SEE LIST BELOW];
- Hot dog competitions including best in show (both professional judges and people’s choice) and eating competitions;
- Unlimited dog samples from many of the best cured meat makers, including Copenhagen Street Dogs (from the Revolving Dansk team), The Piggery, Flying Pigs Farm, award-winning Starwurst Bratwurst, Fleisher’s Craft Butchery and more chefs/farms TBA;
- Pitmasters Sam Barbieri, Robbie Richter, and Tito King’s Kitchen at Jimmy’s No. 43 will be grilling up sliders and vegetarian options;
- Specialty Harry Hawk’s “Schnack’s” sliders provided by Schweid & Sons;
- Specialty Spanish meats and cheeses from Despaña Foods from Spain;
- Veggie burgers and Mexican grilled corn, along with vegetarian sides for non-meat eaters;
- Live folk music and other entertainment TBA;
- Raven Brands will be serving at Ciderfest-specialty German beers: Gaffel Kolsch, Jever Pilsener and Brauhaus Riegele Kellerbier.
DESCENDANT CIDER – NY – cidermaker’s selection: Pomme Pom or Heritage Dry
EMBARK CRAFT CIDERWORKS – NY cidermaker’s selection
SHACKSBURY – VT – Lost and Found (a blend of foraged apples and cider apples from VT and NH, wild fermented and bottle conditioned)
CITIZEN CIDER – VT – Northern Spy
DOWNEAST CIDER HOUSE – MA – EARLY PREVIEW – Pumpkin Blend release
HUDSON VALLEY FARMHOUSE CIDER – NY – cidermaker’s selection
EZ ORCHARDS – OR – Poire
ASPALL – ENGLAND – John Barrington
REVEREND NAT’S – OR – Revival and Hallelujah Hopricot
BIG APPLE CIDER – NY – Sour Cherry or Bourbon Maple Cider
DOC’S – NY – Docs Peach Cider
ORIGINAL SIN – NY – Original Sin Elderberry
Plus all the GA ciders and limited samples (while they last of) AVAL – France.
AUSTIN EASTCIDERS – TX – Eastciders Original and Texas Honey
EMBARK CRAFT CIDERWORKS – NY – cidermakers selection
DESCENDANT CIDER – NY – Succession Cider
DOWNEAST CIDER HOUSE – MA – Cranberry Blend and Original Blend
SHACKSBURY – VT – Farmhouse and Basque
CITIZEN CIDER – VT – Unified Press, Dirty Mayor and Full Nelson
EZ ORCHARDS – OR – Hawk Haus and Rome Beauty
TILTED SHED CIDERWORKS – CA – Graviva!
HUDSON VALLEY FARMHOUSE CIDER – NY – pouring a selection of cidermaker Elizabeth Ryan’s finest
MOA – NEW ZEALAND – Apple and Kiwi
ASPALL – ENGLAND – Aspall Demi Sec, Peronelle’s Blush
BIG APPLE CIDER – NY – Brooklyn Spiced Cider
DOC’S – NY – Docs Hopped, Docs Sour Cherry, Docs Original Apple
ORIGINAL SIN – NY – Original Sin Apricot + Original Sin Cherry Tree
Plus others TBD.
Inspired by Spain’s Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Running wiith the Beef™ will feature some of NYCs best chefs (including Robbie Richter) grilling grass-fed beef into Spanish style dishes ranging from traditional (Grilled Steak, Brisket, Beef Sausages) to unique (Harry Hawk’s Spanish Schnack Burgers from Schweid & Sons) all along Manhattan’s scenic East River.
In conjunction with the Good Beer Seal’s July Good Beer Month, tasty tapas style dishes will be served alongside the finest Spanish craft beer, including Iberian United and Shelton Brothers Imports, as well as Kalimotxo (red wine & cola) and Sidra (Spanish cider).
Entertainment will include a live DJ playing a mix of the best European & Spanish disco, Flamenco dancers, mock bull run and other festivities. Throw on your favorite red & white attire and join us for the perfect summer celebration where you can eat, drink and live like Hemingway.
Running with the Beef™ takes place on the beautiful Manhattan East River waterfront (at Stuyvesant Cove Park at Solar One entrance near the end of 23rd Street on the east side of Manhattan) from 5-9 PM (4-9PM for VIP).
GA – ALL-INCLUSIVE ticket includes beef dishes, Spanish craft beer and ciders as well as a full line-up of entertainment. VIP – includes one hour early preview tasting at 4PM + group Flamenco lesson.
Posted on January 5, 2015
The producers of Cook Out NYC bring a new event to Manhattan: NYC Mardi Gras™! We’re letting the Good Times Role with artisanal spirits, gumbo, craft beer, live Burlesque and the best Mardi Gras party NYC has seen. Head to Irondale in Brooklyn (Fort Greene), a venue with a cool old vibe, New Orleans vine-covered stain glass church windows, and rustic walls in a 30′ high hall, for four hours of drinking, dining and entertainment.
ALL YOU CAN EAT AND DRINK! Key features include (subject to change):
10+ spirits vendors curated by Modern Distillery Age
The Gumbo Takedown Gumbo Cook-off with Matt Timms
Craft beer from Schmaltz
Live music from Mona’s Hot Four Ragtime Band
Select Burlesque and Tap Dance performers TBA
Additional gumbo, jambalaya and N’Orleans-style foods
Two ticket types include General Admission ($45) and VIP ($100), which includes a raw bar and dedicated spirits bar plus access to Irondale’s indoor balcony overlooking the event space.
Spirits vendors to include:
- Van Gogh Vodka
- Brinley Gold Shipwreck Spiced Rum, Coffee Rum & Vanilla Rum
- Meletti 1870, Amaro & Cioccolato
- Teeling Irish Whiskey
- Michter’s Whiskey
- Menage a Trois Vodka
- Pig’s Nose Blended Scotch Whisky
- Sheep Dip Blended Malt Whisky and Blended Islay Malt
- The Feathery Blended Malt
- Tito’s Vodka
- 4 Roses Bourbon
- Proof Positive Beverages
- Mayfair No 1 Gin
- Scorpion Mezcal
- SX Liquors
- Tanteo Tequila
- J.R. Revelry Bourbon
- La Bodega Internacional
Get your tickets here.
And thanks to our sponsor, Yelp!